In addition to school-based counseling, quality community-based counseling services and case management services are also provided by PVPSA.  We serve community members of all ages - children, youth, and families.  PVPSA’s counseling programs help keep students and families healthy and strong. If your child or family needs counseling services, call us at 831-728-6445, Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm.


We help people experiencing:

  • Anxiety and depression

  • Family conflicts

  • Drug and alcohol abuse

  • Grief and loss transitions

ICC AND IHBS SERVICES (intensive care coordination and in-home behavioral services)

The State of California, in collaboration with counties across the state, has made significant progress in the implementation of the Katie A. Settlement Agreement. Building on the same core values and expected practices, the Continuum of Care Reform legislation has provided the statutory and policy framework to ensure services and supports provided to every child or youth and his or her family achieve the goals of developing and maintaining a stable, permanent family.

As partners, we will continue to play a supportive role in this statewide transformation effort. We recognize that local realities require local responses to meet the unique needs of children and families in each county, as well as the unique political, social, and economic circumstances that you face. ICC and IHBS services meet the youth which qualify, in their home and community as well as coordinate teams and services which support the youth to come together with a strength based model of care.


Our ADP team works with youth who are experiencing life challenges due to substance use and abuse, using individual and group counseling approaches to help students find community, hope and healing as they work through drug and alcohol problems.  Our goal is to help students find success by teaching life skills that will assist them in making positive choices and experiencing success in every aspect of their lives.


In our school-based counseling programs, we serve thousands of Pajaro Valley Unified School students each year. Kid’s Korner and the Secondary Student Assistance Program (SAP) counselors help students with numerous issues including school transitions, grief and loss, peer, family and teacher conflicts, drug and alcohol issues, and anger management. Our counselors help students stay in school and succeed. We offer mental health counseling services in over 20 school sites within the Pajaro Valley Unified School District. Our counseling staff includes licensed therapists and interns on Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT) and Clinical Social Work (CSW) tracks, as well as youth development specialists.


Counseling services are offered to children, aged 0-5 years, and their families, who reside in Monterey County, including the communities of Pajaro, Royal Oaks, and Las Lomas. Referrals can be made directly to the agency or through Ohlone, Hall, Pajaro Middle School and Healthy Start, or you can contact 831-227-8172. 


Kid’s Korner is a school based counseling program for elementary aged students. PVPSA provides a counselor and a safe, nurturing place for students at nearly all of the PVUSD elementary schools. Interns provide counseling for a variety of issues a student might be having from challenging classroom behavior to loss of a loved one, to family issues at home or bullying at school. Services are provided during school hours and free to the students. Referrals can be made directly or through school personnel.


Available at all middle, junior and high schools, PVPSA offers individual counseling and peer support groups for students engaged in at-risk behavior such as substance use, truancy and gang involvement. Short-term family counseling and referrals to community resources are provided. Referrals can be made directly to the agency or through school personnel.


Group and case management services offered to youth who are experimenting or at risk of using alcohol and drug substances. Services are provided at various school sites by trained personnel using evidenced-based approaches that motivate a decision and commitment to change and support success in implementing the desired changes. Referrals can be made directly to the agency or through school personnel.

*Students and families with Medi-Cal (Santa Cruz and Monterey Counties): Quality counseling services are provided to students with Medi-Cal from Santa Cruz and Monterey County. Services are offered by experienced professionals at various school sites including the elementary, middle and high schools. Referrals can be made directly to the agency or through school personnel.


**Students and families without health insurance (Monterey County): Quality counseling services are provided to students and families that reside in Monterey County and are uninsured. Services are offered by experienced professionals at the school sites and in our counseling center. Referrals can be made directly to the agency by calling the counseling center at 831-728-5808 or through school personnel.

***Sliding Scale Clinic: More information coming soon.